- UB alumnus named to U.S. Preventive Services Task Forceon January 19, 2022 at 12:00 am
UB alumnus Carlos Roberto Jaén, MD, PhD, has been named to the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force.
- A dream realized, a partnership formedon January 14, 2022 at 12:00 am
For Natalie Barnhard and her dream of opening a recovery center for people who have a spinal cord injury, all the right puzzle pieces fell into place at the right time.
- New study aims to improve care for pediatric seizure patientson January 13, 2022 at 12:00 am
UB researchers are leading a project designed to determine how to stop a child's seizure more quickly, even when on the way to the hospital.
- UB’s Dubocovich to receive ASPET’s Julius Axelrod Award in Pharmacologyon January 12, 2022 at 12:00 am
Margarita L. Dubocovich, PhD, SUNY Distinguished Professor of Pharmacology and Toxicology in the Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences at the University at Buffalo, is the recipient of the 2022 Julius Axelrod Award in Pharmacology.
- Omicron cases in Western New York climb, following national trends with increasing case rates still to comeon January 4, 2022 at 12:00 am
Don’t be misled by reports of 'mild omicron,' UB researchers caution.
- COVID-19 vaccination is critical for anyone who is pregnant or trying to conceive, urge UB physicianson December 28, 2021 at 12:00 am
Physicians at the Jacobs School are urging anyone who is pregnant or trying to conceive to prioritize getting all three doses of the COVID-19 vaccine as soon as they can.
- Seventeen research stories from a year of discovery at UBon December 27, 2021 at 12:00 am
From documenting inequality in Buffalo to identifying proven oral hygiene tools for happy gums, UB scholars’ work had local and international impact in 2021.
- Omicron variant has been detected in Erie County, UB scientists reporton December 22, 2021 at 12:00 am
The highly transmissible omicron variant of the novel coronavirus has been detected in Erie County, University at Buffalo scientists and Erie County health officials reported today.