This user has not added any information to their profile yet.
Medical Students For Choice (MSFC) is a globally recognized organization with chapters in over 30 countries worldwide. Leaders of this national organization are dedicated to ensuring that medical students receive standardized training in reproductive healthcare by learning the skills necessary to provide quality contraceptive counseling and abortion care. Education on contraceptive and abortion care is often not standardized in medical school curricula, and this club serves to fill this gap in education for those interested in learning more about these topics. As future physicians, MSFC believes it is important that we receive proper education and training in all aspects of reproductive health in order to provide our patients with evidence-based counseling and care.
Our club is unique in that in addition to reproductive health interest events, we provide community outreach opportunities in contraceptive counseling. We have a collaboration with Lighthouse Free Medical Clinic (LFMC) in which we organize for volunteers to come into the clinic weekly to provide contraceptive counseling for patients.
Co-Presidents: Adrian Ziaggi, C. Mika Connolly, Rachel Tullio
Dr. Shaveta Malik, MD
We actively work on multiple projects, including:
1) Managing our contraceptive clinic at Lighthouse Free Medical Clinic weekly
2) Training medical students on contraceptive counseling
3) Planning dinners and lunches with local abortion providers and other physicians
4) Organizing abortion clinic shadowing
5) Working closely with the Reproductive System module leaders to ensure that the curriculum covers topics of contraception and medical abortion
6) Planning a procedures workshop to supplement the Reproductive System module curriculum