is the Medical Student Government of the Jacobs School of Medicine at the University at Buffalo.
Our main goal is to work toward the betterment of student life within the Medical School Community. We accomplish this by catering to the needs of the students, whether they be academic, social, or emotional.
Polity attains its goals by:
- Promoting more efficient communication within the School of Medicine by acting as liaisons between medical students and the faculty, staff, and administration.
- Actively participating in policy making and other decisions of the School of Medicine
- Accepting responsibility for the disbursement of funds, mainly received through Student Activity fees, to our 25+ clubs and organizations.
- Establishing criteria for, and providing the recognition of, student organizations within the School of Medicine
- Coordinating other groups or committees, which represent the medical student body as a whole
Wondering what Polity is up to?
To find out what polity has been doing for medical students, you can access the Minutes sent out after each monthly meeting, and follow us on Facebook!
Polity created its Constitution and By-Laws in the spring of 2004 to provide a framework and guidance for Polity leadership, both present and future. This contains detailed information on the procedures for conducting various aspects of Polity business. Other policy documents and forms can be found in the Polity Documents section.